movement from baby?

im 25 weeks and a couple of days and i dont feel much movement from my baby unless i lay down, could something be wrong? or is she just sleeping a lot or am i just too busy to pay attention to it?

dilemma1

Asked by dilemma1 at 4:20 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you should do a kick count. google kick count and see how much you should feel that baby move in an hours time at that gestation. if you think something may be wrong you may want to get it checked out.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:21 PM on May. 8, 2009

• The baby may be sleeping while you are awake and vice versa. If you are really concerned you can always count the kicks over an hour period and call your ob dr and ask him if its normal. Usually around 25-30 weeks they start having slow days He/she could just be sleeping. they have sleeping patterns just like us! If you want to get the baby to move around I have heard that Orange juice can make them active and if you can tolerate it (i couldnt even the tiniest sip it would come right back up!

Sometimes your baby will move and even tho they are you may not feel it, that could also be another possible answer. I know it made me nervous if the baby didnt move like i think it should but you could also call you birthing center just for more reassurance. They get plenty of calls so dont feel embarrased for calling! Hope i could ease your mind a little!
    Elesha1981

Answer by Elesha1981 at 4:30 PM on May. 8, 2009

• my baby is awake more while im sleeping and sleeps alot while im awake
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 4:32 PM on May. 8, 2009

• apple juice and grape juice make baby move to...
    Anonymous

• Drink something with sugar and lay down and she if the baby moves. Sometimes us being up and walking puts the baby to sleep and then when we go to lay down they are awake and moving around.
    mothersmitty

Answer by mothersmitty at 4:55 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I remember reading that sometimes you won't feel the baby move unless you are laying down because you are too busy doing stuff to feel the movements,

With my second I rarely ever felt her move.

Now with my third, if I am sitting or laying down I feel movement, otherwise, not usually.

Part of it for me is that I am overweight, that is another thing that can prevent you feeling those kicks. ALSO if the placenta is in the front the baby might be mostly kicking you inside where you can't feel it.

Discuss it with your dr next time you have a visit, otherwise, I wouldn't worry to much about it. :)
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 5:19 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I just hit 20 weeks and felt the baby move for the first time 2 days ago. The doctors have told me that you usually start feeling baby around 25 weeks, so if you aren't feeling it all that much, it's probably normal! I went for an ultrasound to check baby gender and she was moving around like crazy in there but i had yet to feel it. I also hear that when we are up and about all day, the lulling motion of our walk can put baby to sleep (that's why when many people have a fussy baby, they'll pace around to mimic baby's womb experience) You can try drinking a cold glass of water bc that will wake baby up, then lay down on your back and concentrate on what you're feeling down below! If you're really having concerns, call the doc; they are willing to talk anytime and that may ease your mind a bit!
    tinac79

Answer by tinac79 at 8:37 PM on May. 8, 2009

• my baby moves more after i eat or have a sip of dr.pepper. i drink apple juice all the time and it hasn't made my baby more active and i'm 25 weeks. also my dr told me that the baby could be sitting back farther in the womb like against my spine or i could be carring up high where you won't feel as many kicks as other moms
    bamagurl1988

Answer by bamagurl1988 at 1:06 PM on May. 9, 2009