If he cheated could you forgive him and make it work, or would you be out the door?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• most likely he would be out the door, not me!
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 4:28 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Nah...I'd kick his ass out...I'm keeping the house!

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:28 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I think it would depend. My ex did cheat and I really think we could have worked through it but he was unwilling to work at it. He threw it in my face, though. The woman was a friend, he had her over to my daughter's parties, etc. I never thought twice. He would never have stopped the affair. If the man was willing to have no contact with the woman, and willing to go through counseling, then I think maybe I would try that!
    momof3cs2

Answer by momof3cs2 at 4:31 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I would stay with him. I love my husband, and as long as he still loved with me and he to wanted to make it work I would try to make it work. I buit our life and our family, and I am not going to let some homewrecker just push me out and step into my place because she's to lazy to build her own.. I Love my husband, and I believe we could get through it... - www.RamblingsOFaSAHM.com

Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 4:31 PM on May. 8, 2009

• are you going to kick him out the door every time he screws up in a marriage? I realize this is a BIG screw up but if he's remorseful and wants to make it up to you then I think you should try to work through it. Many marriages are stronger after the guy screws up once. If it happens again then I'd think about leaving

Answer by admckenzie at 4:31 PM on May. 8, 2009

• he cheated and we've overcome it but i still always have that pang of hurt in my heart, i ended up leaving for six months,,, good luck
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 4:33 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I wouldn't be out no door! It's my door he would have to leave, and he'd be luckly if I let him back in to get his stuff!
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 4:35 PM on May. 8, 2009

• If I knew that he did it because he no longer had feelings for me then yes I would leave.
    If he did it out of weakness I would give him one last chance. Depends if we still both loved one another or if we both had seen it coming.

All in all if what we have is worth fighting for. God bless.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 4:35 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Are we talking a one time screw up and he admits it right away? Then I could work through that. Are we talking a one time screw up and I find out months later or something? That would take a little more work, but I think we could get through that. Are we talking like an affair where that has become a regular thing or something where there is a lot of emotion involved? I am not so sure we could work through that. People make mistakes. I cannot walk away from my husband for every mistake. Now, if she is genuinely sorry, and he doesn't screw up again, we are fine. If it is something he has been calculating to keep from me, I am not sure that is one mistake, as much as a betrayal and that is different to me.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:35 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I would move on. Even if it isn't true "once a cheater always a cheater" I would not stand to be treated that way and I would leave the relationship.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 4:36 PM on May. 8, 2009