how can i potty train?

I have a three year old who refuses to use the potty. i have tried several times to get him to potty train.

mommyofthree770

Asked by mommyofthree770 at 4:33 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• u have to be persistant. dont givw up! use up your last diapers and dont buy anymore! we only used pull-ups at night and as soon as they woke up in the a.m. underware went on! DON'T go back to diapers!!! he is testing you! he will get it! try to let him stand to go pee instead of making him sit. he might like that more. be very preparred for accidents. it will tke up to a week for him to 'get' it. but you cant give up!!! you will have messes to clean up, but this is completely new to him so you have to be the strong one ;) Good luck. if you have any questions, you can feel free to message me
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 6:25 PM on May. 8, 2009

• It just takes patience. I had my three yr. old son watch dad go potty.Read him a book about going potty ( and pointed out that I could put stickers on it when he went), let him decorate the potty chair with stickers, explained to him that's where he goes potty like a big boy, ect.We even did a little happy dance after he went. Oh, he loves that. Overpraise him when he does go. At first my son would just sit on there on not go. Eventually there was times when he went and now he's on day four of pooping in the potty. I do pay attention to the cues( grunting or squatting) I then ask do u have to go potty and he goes.Enthusiasm works in my house. He will eventually get it. You can message me.
    mkagdchcetdy

Answer by mkagdchcetdy at 10:59 AM on May. 11, 2009