How can i prevent varicose viens?

CandiMcDowell

Asked by CandiMcDowell at 4:41 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I wore support hose

Answer by admckenzie at 4:43 PM on May. 8, 2009

• they have creams for that but IDK if they work...
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 4:43 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Creams do not work Varicosities occur because the valves that help move the blood back up to the heart in your veins stop functioning properly. Usually weight gain has a lot to do with it. Age is a factor but a lot of it it flat out genetics and luck. Anit-embolism stocking are used in severe cases but for just everyday you and me. A solid pair of support hose that do not cut into your legs will help with the swelling and discomfort. ( Discomfort hell..flat out PAIN)
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:51 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I was always told that crossing your legs can cause spider veins so I don't cross my legs anymore lol. Since my granny and mom both have VV I'm just trying to delay it as long as possibly but I do hear there is a laser surgey for it now
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 5:07 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I was told that laying on your back and putting your legs up in the air against a wall helps :P Idk if thats true at all though.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 5:24 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Sandra. Elevating your legs above the level of your heart does help. It helps the pooled blood flow out of the veins by gravity.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:39 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Oh yay :) I gave good advice, lol
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 11:15 PM on May. 8, 2009