HELP-HELP! head lice-

the school called, come get your child they have nits in their hair. does anyone know of any home remedy's to get rid of them. don't have any money right now and my kid can't go back to school untill i get rid of them. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Health

• Clean EVERYTHING int he house, sheets, blankets, pillows etc. And you could put mayonaise in her hair all throughout it or eggs and brush her hair and if you can see the lice pick it out.
    Anonymous

• I don't know any home remedies to get rid of them.  But I do know that using conditioner regularly after you do get rid of them helps to keep them from coming back.  Apparently the conditioner makes the hair too slippery for them to anchor their eggs too.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:21 PM on May. 8, 2009

• douse your head with oil, the kind that goes into an oil lamp. Comb through hair with special nit comb that comes with the lice shampoo. Then wash with Dawn dish soap to cut the greasiness out.
    Anonymous

• What first poster said.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 5:36 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Go to a health food store and buy powder not pill form nutritional brewers yeast,mix a heaping tablespoon daily into food or drink,this will help greatly,good luck:)
    Will also help improve skin,hair shine/condition,vitamin deficiencies.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the first post, lord knows we got it more than once when i was a kid and my mom always used mayo to get them out.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 8:27 PM on May. 8, 2009