How do I know if my tween is having sex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Girl: Have her examined by a doctor.
    Boy: No clue.
    Anonymous

• Read texts, cell phone calls, go through purses and pockets, wallets. It's better to snoop and care and be responsible than to have hindsight afterwards. And think about providing condoms and spermcide gel.
    Anonymous

• first poster: you can't tell if someone ahs had sex by examining her hymen. Its just a myth.
    Anonymous

• have an open talk with them.. tell them they can be open with you, and you will not lecture them...then dont. ask them to please wait but if they really feel the need make sure they have the right protction and are responsible for themselves. make sure you teach them about stds and preg...boy and girl. ask if they have any questions, and tell them they can always come to you! I think that always works better then jsut saying no, cuz then they will jsut want to rebel
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 6:15 PM on May. 8, 2009

• A child 12 or under? The boy should be arrested.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:21 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Why are you asking?

Answer by rkoloms at 9:22 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Ask? An exam for a girl will tell you nothing, checking for a broken hymen is a myth. A girl can break her hymen from riding a bike or horse among other things.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:17 PM on May. 8, 2009

• You usually can't tell. Just supervise as much as you can, make sure they know about safe sex, and pray to whatever god you believe in to handle the rest, lol.
    anita73

Answer by anita73 at 11:19 PM on May. 8, 2009

• You could use an Amber Alert device. It basically tells you where your child is, how fast they are traveling (in a car or not, etc), you can even set it up to listen to everything thats being said. Kinda over the top but a tween having sex is a big a deal. Here is a link to more info on it
    http://just4moms.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=partners&action=display&thread=83
    haleymacy

Answer by haleymacy at 12:35 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Ok, so maybe I am off base a little here. My oldest is 9, so really, I have no experience with 10, 11, and 12 year old kids, BUT why the heck don't you know where your kid is all the time? I mean, seriously, my kids don't cross the street without my knowledge. I know where they are, who they are with, what parents are around, and let them know what time they are to be home BEFORE they leave. I don't mean that to sound rude, I am just wondering where your child could be where that would even be an option. ???
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 12:48 AM on May. 9, 2009