Does anyone cosleep with older kids, such as a 10 year old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on May. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• Sometimes I nap with my 6 year old. I consider it bonding, and she thinks it's fun to sleep in my bed :)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 5:03 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Yep...and he's independent. Amazing huh?
    Anonymous

• I'm not trying to start anything but in my state Ga. Co sleeping past age 3 is considered child abuse. I don't care what you do in your home (and really I'
    m not sure they should care about that either)I wouldn't personally because I like my bed to myself! lol. Just thought you might should know so you could look up your states laws.
    Anonymous

• I have never chosen to cosleep with either of my kids. I have a friend that co sleeps with her son and he is 8. I personally think it's weird but it's not for me to decide.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:28 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Anon 6:26- I live in GA also, and co-sleeping with you child past the age of 3 is NOT child Abuse! To the OP- My son slept in my bed up until the time he was 2 1/2. After that he started sleeping in his own bed every night. He is now 4 1/2 and he still mainly sleeps in his bed but every once in a while he will crawl into our bed in the middle of the night. I enjoy it because he is so peaceful when he sleeps, but it is not something that I would want him to do every night.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:33 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Just thought you might should know so you could look up your states laws.

OK, ill go and look up what the government wants me to do with my child....RIGHT. The state of New Jersey can kiss my ass.
    Anonymous

• My husband and I choose to not co-sleep. I am a firm believer in not adding things to break kids from, if it is not necessary.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:24 PM on May. 8, 2009

• My daughter is 10 months old, and there's no way I'd co sleep with her when she's an older child. Why would I?
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:10 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Parents who co-sleep with older kids have issues with co-dependency. If the kids are given the opportunity to sleep in their own beds they will. But it's usually the MOTHER that keeps them from being independent.
    Anonymous

• my dd always slept in her bed but 1 night when she was 7 we moved into a new place and my dh had to leave the state for work and i was up and down all night well needless to say she woke up and said mommy i know your not use to sleeping with out dh so lets get some sleep and she curled up in bed with me and we both slept great. it was just that one night and thinking shes only 6 and that thoughtful was nice to know im doing right. she will be 12 tomorrow but since day one she has been in her own bed. i wouldnt want to co sleep besides she hogs the blankets lol.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:39 PM on May. 8, 2009