OK... I Need Some Super Creative Ideas... PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!

Our daughter's wedding was going to be next May but they have moved their date up to this September (no, she's not pregnant) That means I only have 4 1/2 mos to do this whole thing and I am desperate for some creative ideas which will help us do a nice wedding for 150 guests with a modest budget of only $6000.00 - $7000.00.

So far we have...

Church & Banquet hall ~ free
Officiant (my husband) ~ free
Photographer (we're flying him in from CA) ~ already paid
Wedding cake (I do wedding cakes, so, against my better judgement, I'm gonna do it) my cost will only be about ~ $30.00 ~ $50.00
Wedding dress ~ $500.00
Linens & complete place settings (rent) ~ $750.00
Full catered meal ~ ($11.00 a person) $1650.00
Flowers (wholesale w/ free labor by a florist friend) ~ $500.00 is budgeted
DJ ~ aprox ~ $300.00
Misc. ~ $250.00

I need some ideas for favors, and anything else I missed. Thanx for any input you

BlessedMommy64

Asked by BlessedMommy64 at 4:59 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Holidays

• ... cont~

can give me!

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 5:01 PM on May. 8, 2009

• If I am not mistaken that puts you at about $4000 spent? At my sisters wedding, for centerpieces, we went to the dollar store, got little glass dishes and craft marbles,stones and some votive candles.
    My best friend LIVED on this website when planning her own wedding.

http://www.favorwarehouse.com/c/wedding-favors/Wedding+Favors.html
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:08 PM on May. 8, 2009

• And disposable cameras are big too. Place them all over the reception tables so you can get interesting points of view of the whole reception.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:09 PM on May. 8, 2009

• If it is late September you can purchase pumpkins and have something special carved on the skin and fill with fall flowers~dark red roses with a few orange calla lilies!

You could have use pumpkin seed packets...using some paper cut outs past on the back something like

Jane & John Smith
    want to Thank you in Celebrating their Love
    ~May your love always grow~
    September 1, 2009

Then tie some ribbon around it in a bow!

Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 5:42 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Thanx! I love these ideas! Keep them coming!!! ... please!!
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 5:45 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Try orientialtrading.com They have lots of things for weddings. Even if you don't buy anything it can give you some good ideas. They have an entire catalog for weddings...and many other catalogs for other things.
    PandoraRobin

Answer by PandoraRobin at 6:21 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Offer them the cash to elope
    Anonymous

• LOL, anon... I have a feeling that by the time it's all over with, I may wish I had done that!! However, at the moment, not an option, thanx!
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 4:50 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Sounds like you have it all under control...just relax!!! For our wedding I got little boxes and put a Herseys kiss, hug and a dove promise in it with a little piece of paper that read 'sweet bliss begines with a hug, a promise and a kiss, thank you for sharing our special day. Everyone loved them! Tie a pretty ribbon on it and you are set. The cameras are a good idea but for some reason ours didnt develop. Another cute favor is a large homemade iced sugar cookie.

Remember that things will go wrong and just go with it! Enjoy it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on May. 14, 2009