Can my hypothyroidism cause all these pregnancy symptoms?

I haven't had a period in almost 9 weeks. I have always had a regular 29 day cycle. My breasts feel heavy and they are a little sore. I have pimple-looking things around my nipples and the areola seems larger. The veins on my breasts are very bright and stand out more than usual. I am nauseous off and on all day and exhausted. I have had some clear watery discharge. My urine test came back negative, but my doctor is not doing a blood test, instead he is testing my prolactin and thinks my thyroid is causing these things. I can't find any info saying anything about high prolactin causing all those symptoms except missed period and lactation. I don't have anything actually coming out of them. I have been on meds for hypothyroid for years and it is supposedly under control so I don't think it's the prob. I don't use birth control. I really think I'm pregnant, but my dr says the test is accurate. Any thoughts?

VYG

Asked by VYG at 5:07 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Have you taken an hpt at all? go get one at the dollar store and if it comes back positive ask the doc to do a blood test.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 5:13 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I took a few of those but stopped about a week ago. They were all neg just like the one at the dr's office.
    VYG

Answer by VYG at 5:22 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Well, continue taking some HPTs. I know it took me a little while longer to get a positive test. Wait at least one more week. Or, you can go to a Planned Parenthood and I think they give blood tests if your doctor won't do one.
    Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 5:50 PM on May. 8, 2009