Did you buy maternity clothes? Do you think they are necessary?

I barley fit into my pants and shirts now from weight gain (pre-pregnancy) just wondering if i should order up some clothes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They're super comfy!
    Anonymous

• The only time I needed to but them was when I was pregnant with the twins and that was not to long before I had them.for the most part I just unbuttoned my pants and wore my longer shirts
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 5:11 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I did get some.... mostly shorts and pants. I found as I got bigger, the maternity shirts just fit better and looked cuter too.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 5:14 PM on May. 8, 2009

• google bellybands. I hear Target carries them cheeper too.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 5:20 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I bought one pair of maternity jeans (because my belly didn't even remotely show until I was eight months and I only went up one pants size) but that was it. I thought it was stupid to spend $40 on a shirt when I could go to Ross and buy eight regular tops (like babydolls or tunics) to accommodate my growing belly for the same price, you know? The pants are good, especially for big bellies, but I feel like most of the clothes are a waste of money. =/ That's just my opinion, though. I do think they come out with lots of cute stuff. I was just obsessed with saving money when I was pregnant.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 5:21 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I just got cute spring dresses or long shirts with leggings
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:22 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I think at least 2 pairs of pants/jeans are essential, eventualy your baby will kick away at the waistband of regular pants. I just bought a pair of maternity jeans at the salvation army....they were Motherhood brand and looked brand new and I paid $2 for them!!!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:27 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I think they are worth it. I love my maternity clothes. I wish all clothes were this comfy. I started wearing them when I was only like 4-5 months along. And you can always save them for later pregnancies...
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 5:31 PM on May. 8, 2009

• i didnt buy maternity clothes for my first son.i wore scrubs to work so i only had to buy a few bigger ones...besides that i wore swets one i couldnt fit into my pants/ mostly shorts in the end when i couldnt fit into my jeans right with them unbotttied or a band tied holding them up...i did buy a few bigger jeans though....this timei dont want to see a pair of damn swets unless its for bed...so i have bought a pair of jeans and a pair of dress pants from motherhood maternity and a belly band...besides that i pick up a shirt here and there from motherhood maternity and my pants still fit and im 8 months along so im doing good...oh yeah the first time you go to motherhood maternity they give you a gift bag..you also recieve coupons for oshkosh and carters store every time you shop..
    isaac1

Answer by isaac1 at 6:56 PM on May. 8, 2009

• i've just been wearing adorable sun dresses, especially on warmer days. For the cooler days, I bum it in yoga pants and sweatshirts. I don't want t o spend lots of money, so i just get babydoll shirts bc there seems to be enough room for my tummy! I don't think maternity clothes are necessary! ha! i'm only at 5 months though and have a grown a bit, but I'm sure I've got a lot more to go! I plan on hitting second-hand stores when this happens, so I don't have to drop $50 on one shirt!
    tinac79

Answer by tinac79 at 8:26 PM on May. 8, 2009