Do you know anyone like this?!

A coworker is resigning because she couldn't keep up with her workload. Now, when I take something to her that needs correction (and she's not the only one who has to do this, our other coworkers are constantly having to correct their work) she makes some remark like "Well I'll only be here a couple more weeks to make your life miserable." or "Just think, you'll only have to see my smiling face for a few more days." I NEVER was rude to her or made her think she was making my life miserable! I don't know how to respond when she says stuff like this! I told her she never made me miserable but she still talks like this and I'm at a loss! Anyone in your life like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• She obviously feels bad and is trying to see if anyone cares.
    I would wish her the best of luck with her new job and tell her not to worry about it. The job seems to be too much for a lot of people.
    God bless
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 5:18 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Her self esteem is talking. Be kind and reassure her that you have enjoyed working with her.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like she wishes she could stay. I think she's imagining not seeing YOU everyday (as well as everyone else there), and will miss the routine and comraderie of working day to day with the same people. She is being sad-sarcastic at her own expense. It isn't any thing to do with how you treated her!

If you like her and hope she can keep her job, can you talk with her supervisor to see if there is a way to help reduce her workload? Maybe one of you can take on some of it by being trained by her how to do it? (I don't know the extent of knowledge needed for her job, so this may not be possible)
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 5:25 PM on May. 8, 2009

• OP here: I do like her and haven't had any major problems with her but she is a nurse so I couldn't do her job! I see your point about her trying to cover up her feelings with sarcasm, she does have a dark sense of humor but when she says stuff like that to me even after i tell I never thought of her that way, makes me think she think I don't like her.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like maybe she's depressed?
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 5:31 PM on May. 8, 2009