are hot tubs safe while you are pregnant?

lil_momma0321

Asked by lil_momma0321 at 10:32 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• They're ok but you shouldn't be submerged in water warmer than 101 degrees.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:34 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Not really. You're not supposed to soak in hot water above 101 F for long periods of time. It's a small risk, and if you're getting in and getting out, it should be fine. There apparently, is some debate over it. The first time I was pregnant, my annoying sister in law got so rude to me about wanting to go in, so we called the doctor, and the nurse said, little dips would be okay. If you're far along, it won't be to comfortable anyway, or I never was even in a tub when I got further along. Water on the inside, water on the outside, I don't know, weird....LOL Hope it helps!
    NomadSara

Answer by NomadSara at 10:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Don't bake the baby! Lol That's what i was told while pregnant
    meghancooper

Answer by meghancooper at 11:04 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Normally, no they are not safe. Most hot tubs I have been in have been over the limit of what temp. is considered safe. I skipped out on the hot tubs while pregnant, better safe than sorry. Although, maybe you could sit on the side and put your legs in, instead of submerging your belly.
    jamie8506

Answer by jamie8506 at 11:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I also wanted to add, that you can actually change the temp of a hot tub, so you should look into that. That is what we did!
    NomadSara

Answer by NomadSara at 11:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I am not sure but you might also want to consider what types of chemicals are used. I'm not super freaky about that kind of stuff but it is just something to maybe check into with your doc.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 7:52 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I took hot baths everyday of my pregnancy.

If you are going to use a hot tub, I wouldn't stay in longer than 10 minutes, lower the temp before using, and pay attention to your body. If you feel sweaty, uncomfortable or lightheaded, you should get out.
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 11:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2008