How is Judaism and Christianity similar and different?

I have a essay due on this question, and need some insight from people with knowledge on this. Any feedback is great, and if you could give me links or anything that would be helpful! I need the similarities and differences. Thanks!

Mom2Rylin

Asked by Mom2Rylin at 5:30 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Christians believe Jesus is the Messiah, Jews do not.

Christians believe the New Testament, Jews do not.

Christians believe that Jesus fulfilled all of the laws required in the Old Testament, so we are no longer under all those strict laws, but just under the law to love one another and believe in Christ.

Jews have an oral law that is just as, or more important than, than Biblical writings. Christians believe that the Bible contains everything we need to know to follow God and spend eternity with him, and that no one should ever add to the scriptures.

There's so much more, but that's it off the top of my head. There are religious discussion groups here on CM that I have learned so much from. My favorite is called Religious Roundtable. Join! :)
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 6:16 PM on May. 8, 2009

• all i really know is jews believe jesus was NOT the messiah. christians believe he was
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 6:00 PM on May. 8, 2009

• http://www.religionfacts.com/christianity/charts/christianity_judaism.htm
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 6:19 PM on May. 8, 2009

• A major difference is that Judaism is orthopraxic (meaning that what is most important is what you do) while Christianity is orthodoxic (meaning that what matters most is what you believe).

Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 12:16 AM on May. 9, 2009