HOW WAS YOUR LABOR?

I DIDNT HAVE LABOR PAINS WHEN I WAS LABOR...OUT THREW ALL MY CONTRACTIONS I DIDNT KNOW I WAS HAVING ANY THE NURSE HAD TO TELL ME I WAS CONTRACTING I WAS SURPRISED BUT HOW WAS YOUR PAIN?

BABICAKES904

Asked by BABICAKES904 at 5:42 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my pain was very manageable. I did have an epi but not until about 8 cm or so with all 3 of my kids. i wanted to go natural with the last but got scared. its a frame of mind. i just kept thinking it will all be over soon and i will be holding my baby! it doesnt hurt, it doesnt hurt. and i just made sure to keep track of my breathing
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 5:45 PM on May. 8, 2009

• After my epidural...my pain was GREAT!! I didnt feel a thing.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 6:04 PM on May. 8, 2009

• With my son i was not prepared for the pain, it hurt really bad and his father was a complete a$$ and no help at all. I was in full labor for 22 hours but got an epi after 18 hrs of labor then it was down hill from there. With my daughter my husband now (sons stepdad) Was a great coach but didn't know too much what to expect so i explained everything to him before the time came. I was only in labor for 11 hrs with her and walked for about 6 of it to try and make it faster. I did get an epi that didn't take and got another an hr after that but that one stopped just before i had to push so i felt everything but it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. With this next one i am going to try and do it all natural. I know it's all mind over matter. I'm due december 26th so we'll see how i do :)
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 6:07 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Labor hurt for me. I was in labor for 36 hours and didn't get an epi until 33 hours. I asked for it at about the 30th hour and it took them forever! Small hospital. The pushing part was great! Only 10 minutes. The rest wasn't too fun.
    Anonymous

• 1ST LABOR DD-16 hrs painful long excrutiating epi failed, ripped
    2nd Labor da- 14 hrs no contraction until pitocin got epi worked great until i ahd to push ifelt everything when i was pushing
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:00 PM on May. 8, 2009

• 1st labor was induced when my body wasn't ready but had complications. epi failed to work, caused adverse reactions to me and baby...after 16 hours of awful augmented labor (pitocin and cervigel) the pain was so severe, i couldn't breathe (my contractions were 90 seconds long, 2 minutes apart...my baby was -3 station, never came down... i ended up with a c-section.

this time, going for an all natural VBAC...i took lamaze and hypno-birthing classes this time and did a lot of research and just learning how to breathe and relax during pain (which I was never able to do before).
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 6:21 PM on May. 9, 2009