IN THE BEGINNING OF A RELATIONSHIP

is it right or wrong too go throw his phone. I told him i read his texts was i wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Although i agree with gdiamante in part i also disagree.
    My DH and i trust each other so much that for us it's not a big deal if the other goes through our stuff. He gets onto my myspace account without telling me and I go onto his often too. We just arnt worried about it. We feel like if we had something to hide then it would be an issue. But because there is nothing to hide it doesnt matter. And we started our relationship like this.
    However, that is HIS phone. I would've been a pretty upset if my husband would've searched through my purse on our first date. Tottal trust is something that is worked on. It doesnt happen overnight and you have to give them the opportunity to show you they can be trusted and vica versa. ...
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:59 PM on May. 8, 2009

• YES you were wrong. That's like reading his mail, which is a federal offense, y'know.

If he hasn't tossed you out on your ear for acting like a stalker, DON'T do that again. If you feel you MUST...then you should NOT be with him.

If you feel you cannot trust someone you SHOULD NOT be in a relationship with them. No one should EVER be going through someone else's stuff. EVER. If you think someone is cheating, then confront them with it or WALK OUT. None of this subterfuge stuff.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:48 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Nothing to add.. adiamonte covered it quite well.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:58 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Yes, it's wrong. How can he trust you if you're sneaking around reading his personal stuff? Mutual respect is a HUGE part of relationships. If you feel like you can't trust him, maybe you guys need to have a heart to heart talk and see if your relationship is solid.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 5:59 PM on May. 8, 2009

• You should damage property whether its at the beginning or if youve been together for 50 yrs. As for the mail lets be real as women we are naturally noesy and men know whether they agree or disagree they know. I don't think their is anything wrong with looking from time to time as long as you give him the same right. If u don't like what you see instead of throwing his stuff leave him. If u can't trust him at the beginning then you probaly never be able to anyway.
    Rozzy720

Answer by Rozzy720 at 5:59 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Yes it is wrong at any time of a relationship.  I've been married 20 years and I've never invaded my husband's privacy like that.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:17 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Me and my fionce regularly look through each others phone. NOT because of mistrust but we sometimes forget any juicy gossip that our friends have told us through either text or a phone call and we look to catch up. For example...if my friend calls me and tells me juicy gossip and I get too busy to tell him....he can be like..Hey I see your friend called today..what she want? We are gossip whores
    Anonymous

• Rozzy720 I think she meant THROUGH his phone, lol But to answer the question yes there is deffinetly the need to trust and respect his privacy, but at the same time he really should'nt be to upset about it if he has nothing to hide.
    flowerchid72

Answer by flowerchid72 at 6:49 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Yes, it was wrong to do it without asking. If the relationship is just starting, then you might scare him off.
    I don't go thru my hubby's phone and he doesn't go thru mine, but if I felt something was wrong I'd do it right in front of him (come to think of it I have scrolled thru his call list with him watching me)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 7:00 PM on May. 8, 2009

• yes you were wrong, that just wasn't a nice thing to do. What will you do next time you find something you don't like, throw him? Now stop that.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:01 PM on May. 8, 2009