Crying at every meal does not want to eat anything????

My son is almost 14 mths and will cry at every meal, does not want to eat, and the times when he does eat what I give him he'll cry all the way until he's finished. I have tried everything I give him a variety of different things to find something he likes, but he never wants anything. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this or what may be going on???????

GaijesMom

Asked by GaijesMom at 6:01 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 9 month old is doing the same thing. The doctor said it was just because he was teething. For us cold applesauce helps sometimes other times he wants something crunchy like Cheerios. Sometimes it is hard to tell when they are getting new teeth especially if they already have quite a few. I hope your little one gets through whatever the problem is quickly. Good Luck.
    PandoraRobin

Answer by PandoraRobin at 6:07 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Maybe he has gastrointestinal problems. Like he's learned that eating produces pain so he doesn't want to eat? He could have allergies that make him feel bad without noticeable symptoms and he may not be able to taste the food you are giving him. There are so many explanations. If he's losing weight take him to the doctor.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:09 PM on May. 8, 2009

• even if he is not losing weight call your doctor. it sounds like something is hurting him, amybe his throat, stomach, who knows with little ones? call the doc.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 6:14 PM on May. 8, 2009

• try giving him toys to play with while you're feeding him. my son was the same way (and sometimes still is) but as soon as i kept him distracted he ate. it could be that your son doesn't want to be away from play time so my thought is, why not bring play time with him?
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 7:50 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Sounds like teething...try cold pureed fruit or foods that are crunchy.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:14 PM on May. 8, 2009

• not to be TMI but has he been bound up? My son cried every time I offered food or drink when he was bound up because it hurt. finally, after he had a few good poops he was back to enjoying his food.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:44 PM on May. 8, 2009

• My son has been doing this because his molars are coming in and it's very painfull. They take so darn long to finally break through I can't wait until he can eat good again.

I have been giving him yogurt + milk smoothies and also the "Naked" juices that have lots of good stuff in them. The Green Goodness has alot of veggies in it. Also I give him Pediasure.

Anything to make sure he's getting all the nutrients he needs.
    Sharon7772

Answer by Sharon7772 at 12:27 AM on May. 9, 2009