where can i get plus size maternity clothes for reasonable prices?

Im a size 22 now (18 weeks along) and i need some more comfy for baby clothes.. and ive been to like motherhood maternity and anything cute is wayyy to expensive.. and help please!!

bubbaswifey

Asked by bubbaswifey at 6:04 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was the same size as you and I went to local Goodwill stores and go tthe cutest stuff for a fraction of the cost. Most shirts were 5$ and pants the same price or lower. Also you can check local salvation army stores. Target sometimes will have plus maternity and I did find some clearence there that worked.Its all gently used at goodwill and sal army as maternity clothing is worn for such a short time. Good luck and keep looking, its very frustrating!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 6:09 PM on May. 8, 2009

• i agree. I got most of my stuff second hand. I will say though the secret fit belly maternity jeans from motherhood was worth every penny.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 6:10 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I'm same size as well and i got a few items from target online, the online clearance maternity selection is bigger online than in the store but i got most of my stuff from resale stores. Good luck.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 6:15 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Motherhood.com
    Anonymous

• I LOVED ROSS because maternity clothes there are so cheap and sometimes the XL was big enough to get on my butt and I also wore a 22 when I was pregnant. I also wore alot of long tank tops and gauchos when I was prego so I didn't buy too many maternity items though. Good luck tho mamma and congrats!
    MammaToBella

Answer by MammaToBella at 6:31 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I wouldn't recommend Motherhood Maternity. Sure, their stuff is nice, but if you buy an on sale item-you CANNOT return it. There is nothing wrong with second hand at all-Goodwill, Ross, even Craigslist! Sometimes you can get an AWESOME deal at JcPenney's. I've gotten a lot of my stuff from there. Good luck!
    jkt747

Answer by jkt747 at 7:52 PM on May. 8, 2009

• JCPenny's jeans are great. Most of the rest of my clothes are just bigger plus size clothes from the clearance section at JCP or CJ Banks. (I can finally get away with those empire waist tops that always made me look pregnant when I wasn't - now they look just fine!).
    lb304

Answer by lb304 at 8:41 PM on May. 8, 2009