Why is sex such a sin?

Is it because it's so much fun? The early Christian church did seem to preach that all forms of enjoyment other than prayer were sinful. It just seems that this, more than most others, is the hangup from those days many cannot let go of. Am I wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It's not a sin when done in the confines of marriage.
    Anonymous

• It's a sin outside of marriage. It's in the 10 commandments.
    Anonymous

• The ten commandments says not to commit adultery. Is it interpretation that says premarital sex is adultery, or is there a verse that says so?
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 6:39 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Well may if you follow the bible....I dont so yeah sex isnt a sin!
    Damions_mom

Answer by Damions_mom at 6:39 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Sex is not a sin...but then again I'm Agnostic, so not too many things are sin IMO.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:43 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I believe that sex within a marriage relationship is not a sin, but a blessing. The bible says (not in the commandments) that all fornicaters will burn in the lake of fire. So for me....no marriage, no sex.
    Anonymous

• Sex isn't a sin unless it anal sex and it has to be within the confines of marriage and dare i say between a man and woman if we are talking about religious beliefs. if not then society i guess dictates what would be good or not
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 7:31 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Sex drive is another besides hunger one of the strongest drives that a human creature has, and unless it gets out of control, just like eating, hurts us or other person emotionally or physically, the only sin I see as an atheist is giving people guilt trip about it.
    BeaMoore

Answer by BeaMoore at 8:01 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Yup your worng. The Bible doesnt say sex is wrong, it says that sex when our not married is wrong. Sex is designed to be a special thing between a husband and wife. Its supposed to be sacred and beautiful. Not this cheap act that society has made it. Personally, i dont care what the "early church" (i'm assuming you mean the catholic church which I reject as a whole) taught. I have the Bible, and have the ability to study it. God never meant for sex to be wrong, just for it to be between a married couple. Not random people cuz they feel like it. There's a HUGE difference.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 8:30 PM on May. 8, 2009

• "all fornicaters will burn in the lake of fire"

WOO HOO!!!

I'm burning up!!!

LOL!!!

And it was SOOOOO much fun getting to the lake!!!

LOL!!!
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 8:39 PM on May. 8, 2009