For low carbers,what do you eat for breakfast,lunch and dinner plus snacks?

I did the atkins thing and I lost tons of weight but this time around I want to still eat a few carbs in maybe a slice a bread once in awhile and milk I don't think I can give that up but I'm trying.I looked into soy bread and such it grossed me out but I know there's stuff like that out there,more expensive and harder to find, not at your local grocery store.So what else besides soy can you eat, besides my other questions,thanks

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 6:26 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Food & Drink

• If you want the truth, any kind of diet that wants you to eliminate everything except 1 thing is not a healthy diet at all and you won't lose weight in the long run. Watching carbs is great but what you really need to watch out for is fat calories. You need carbs to give your body energy. I had a baby 3 months ago and I've lost 35lbs so far. I eat FRESH, I can't stress that enough. Eating things fresh or steamed will give you the most amount of nutrients without packing on the pounds that canned stuff does because of the sodium. I eat fresh fruit in the morning. I eat a salad with fat free dressing ( baby spinach leaves). Iceberg lettuce has 0 nutritional value or taste, so it's a waste to eat it. Top the salad with some kind of cheese but only a little bit. I also add a cup of soup (nothing creamy) and some toast (whole grain or wheat).
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:34 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Also, eat off a child sized plate. That will help you cut down on your portions. Drink lots and lots of water to help keep you full during meals. I snack on apples, carrot sticks, special k bars and flavored ice cups.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:37 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I'm on a special diet that I need fats so I hate anything fat free which is probably why I'm so fat as it is.This diet is low carb, which I have lost weight on and have the most energy.I agree with you that fat is more the enemy than carbs but were all different and some people can't tollerate carbs such as myself as well with sugars and sodium.Still like to know what you all eat,good to know!
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 7:05 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Breakfasts: omelets with veggies or 1/2 c. plain yogurt with fresh fruit or 1/4 c. All-Bran cereal with 1/4 c. milk or smoothie made with 1/2 c. plain yogurt, fresh fruit and water or a 4 inch oatmeal pancake spread with peanut butter.

Lunches: Usually a chef salad that includes at least 2 oz. sliced meat and 2 oz. cheese

Dinners: Chicken Broccoli Dijon (oh so yummy) or baked chicken breast or Ginger chicken breast or chicken breast with 1/4 cup homemade spaghetti sauce (no sugar) or Swiss steak with tomatos or grilled chicken or steak with grilled veggies. Always serve dinners with about 2 cups of steamed veggies (NOT peas or corn, limit the carrots) and a salad if you're still hungry.

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:05 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Snacks: 1 piece of string cheese or 1 hard boiled egg or sugar free jello or sugar free pudding (be careful to watch serving size, pudding has carbs, freeze for a frozen treat) or 1/2 cup cottage cheese or an apple dipped in peanut butter or 1/2 c. cottage cheese with chopped apple, bit of cinnamon and bit of sweetener or 1/2 c. cottage cheese with sugar free jello or a lettuce leaf spread with salad dressing, veggie sticks and deli meat, rolled and eaten like a wrap or a handful of nuts.

I have recipes for the dinners if you'd like! Oh, and I make a veggie soup that is practically carb free and you can eat all that you like!

You will get carbs in the meats, cheeses and veggies and fruits. The All-Bran cereal has few net carbs per serving because of the fiber. I have to follow this doctor-approved meal plan due to my diabetes and I've rarely been hungry! I'm getting the nutrients I need and no starchy carbs.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:13 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I totally agree with legalmommy. The key to losing weight is eating healthy, and not specifically cutting one thing or another out. Eat fresh fruit, vegetables, protein, some carbs, and just portion your meals. I also try to eat child-size plates. I also snack on apples, baby carrots, special K bars, low-fat yogurt,healthy granola bars. I've also been excercising and just trying to stay in shape. Drinks lots of water also because sometimes your body feels as if you are hungry but in reality you are just thirsty and need water. GL.
    MandyT1021

Answer by MandyT1021 at 10:36 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Breakfast: Eggs N' Bacon
    Lunch: Salad w/Chicken
    Dinner: This might sound weird but I have bologna and cheddar cheese OR steak and broccoli.

Good luck! I've lost 80 pounds on low carb when I was 14. Then I had a baby and now I'm back to the low carb again LOL!
    MissesRoboto

Answer by MissesRoboto at 11:59 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Oh jesus I make it sound like I had a baby at 14 uh no I just had my first at 21 years old 6 months ago rofl woops!
    MissesRoboto

Answer by MissesRoboto at 12:00 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I won't even get into the merits of healthy low carb eating....

Counting Sparrows......Jamie Van Eaton is a low carb blogger, and honestly has the most amazing recipes and hints...and she's a hoot. Google her and you'll end up at her examiner blog.

I really can't say enough about her creativity.

summer1919

Answer by summer1919 at 12:29 PM on May. 9, 2009