Is there anyone on here...

I wanted to create a pro ana group, for support, help, and friends, who are struggling with this disease. Are there any others who are?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• wow people on here can be so mean, u guys obviously dont know anything about eating disorders, my best friend has had an eating disorder for years, and it is truly heartbreaking, and one of the hardest thing ive ever seen anyone go through. people who have eating disorders do not want to have an eating disorder, its not like they WANT to be miserable...if someone who had cancer wanted to make a support group would u tell them to shutup and grow some hair? shame on you...
    abbyl2490

Answer by abbyl2490 at 12:52 AM on May. 9, 2009

• whats that?
    Anonymous

• ana as anorexic/ia?? if thats the case i highly doubt you want to/ or should! and if i AM correct YOU NEED SOME HELP!
    defiantpromises

Answer by defiantpromises at 6:56 PM on May. 8, 2009

• anon. 6:51 if it were only that easy, you dont understand this disease and you have no right to judge me. It is not something that i want to do, but I cant stop. Its the only thing i have control over in my life
    Anonymous

• you might want to post this in the HEALTH category not in JUST FOR FUN

Answer by admckenzie at 6:58 PM on May. 8, 2009

• This is why I call BS. If it wasn't something you WANTED to do, why the hell would you want to make a PRO anorexic group??
    Anonymous

• from what I understand Pro-ana means your are for anorexia and most people who belong to pro-ana groups just help each other starve themselves dead. If thats what your looking to do, I'm pretty sure cafemom wouldn't allow it. If your looking for because your trying to recover from the disease and want to help others who are recovering why not start your group, if you can't find one. I'm sure there will be others who would appreciate the help!

geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 7:00 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Pro-Ana is for people who WANT to be anorexic. Go to the emergency room if you want help.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:05 PM on May. 8, 2009

• actually pro ana doesnt always mean your a for anorexia, it just means that you are anorexic. I dont want to make a group to encourage people. I just want people to have someone to talk to. and if they want to get better the resources are there.
    You dont understand it is a mental illness and we cant just "get better" although NOBODY enjoys being anorexic. Everyday is HELL and we cant just eat something, its not that easy. I would LOVE to be able to go out and eat without being obsessed with what its going to do to my body/
    Anonymous

• OP HERE, EVERYONE READ THIS
    http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read.php?post_id=1462059&posted=1
    Anonymous