How do you get motivated to clean up after SO? Like the kid(s) aren't enough!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• WHY would you ever clean up after a (assumed) well bodied adult?
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 6:53 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I don't. I move his mess to wherever it would be most inconvenient for him until he gets the message.
    Anonymous

• I usually move his mess to his computer chair (which is where he spends a lot of time) and it is really inconvenient for him there and he would have to do something with it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:07 PM on May. 8, 2009

• My SO isn't too bad but he does leave stuff laying around. I am a SAHM right now and in my mind I feel like I should just suck it up and do it. Not that I think thats what woman should do in general but its something I am willing to do for him. I am the one who is a clean freak too so it makes sense that I would be the one picking it up. Makes me feel good to keep the house clean and I know he appreciates me.
    DIYindymom

Answer by DIYindymom at 7:18 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I just do it. What's the big deal about picking up his laundry or whatever?
    misselphaba

Answer by misselphaba at 8:22 PM on May. 8, 2009

• If I really get frustrated, then I pick up everything but his stuff so that way when I point out how messy the house STILL is, AND that its ALL his stuff...he gets to visualize what kind of mess he really makes!!

That trick really made a difference in how he started helping me out! Worked for dishes and laundry too! Once he saw all the laundry that I was doing (mine and our 2 boys) and then saw that his pile was just as big, he started doing more.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 8:51 PM on May. 8, 2009

• my hubby is a grown man who can take care of himself. I am a sahm of 3 and I cook his dinner take care of our children wash his clothes take care of the baby all night because he works and take care of our 3 dogs and keep the truck clean. I think he can pick up after himself. he works 9-5 I work 24
    persuasion91297

Answer by persuasion91297 at 9:49 PM on May. 8, 2009

• The only way for me to get motivated to clean is by trying out new products in the market to expand my enjoyment("enjoyment") just keep saying it in your head LOL...or I move my funiture around..every 3months almost..if I dont move it around I feel as if i didnt really clean..idk..Its a thing i have. O and always have music...LOUD!!!!
    mother.of2

Answer by mother.of2 at 10:56 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I WISH i didnt have to

if i dont do it..it wont happen
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 11:15 PM on May. 8, 2009