Did you wake your newborn baby to nurse every 2-3 hours?

scc4377

Asked by scc4377 at 6:58 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope, not any of them. I nursed when they wanted to.
    Anonymous

• I didn't nurse, but I didn't wake my baby to eat. She always woke when she was ready to eat.
    Anonymous

• No.
    I woke up when they did. I never woke them up. I did both nursing and formula.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:00 PM on May. 8, 2009

• i cosleep. when my baby wakes up, i roll over and feed him. i don't wake him up
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 7:01 PM on May. 8, 2009

• No way. It has been years since I have nursed a baby, but I never woke him up to feed him. If he was sleeping, I let him sleep. (And I slept.)
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 7:04 PM on May. 8, 2009

• not a chance. He let me know when he was hungry. I live by the old rule to never wake a sleeping baby.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 7:16 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Nope!! I fed her when she was hungry. They will let you know when they want to eat. I didn't in the hospital either.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:29 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I didn't need to... he woke on his own like clock work every 3 hours... but I would have if he didn't wake. He had weight gain issues to start with.
    I would also wake any baby with jaundice problems... they NEED to eat every 2-3.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:39 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Daytime yes, nighttime NO...I wanted him to know during the day he had to eat so that he could sleep at night..worked goo at 4 weeks he was sleeping 5-8 hours a night
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 7:42 PM on May. 8, 2009

• yes. . . it was my first child and the Dr. said that I had to wake him up every 3 hours day and night to feed but I would not do that again with any other children I may have because now he is almost 9 months old and still wakes up 2 or 3 times in the middle of the night to eat.
    lilmomma090908

Answer by lilmomma090908 at 7:49 PM on May. 8, 2009