Whats the best way to get that yucky baby poop stain out of all his clothes?

ive tried about everything and nothing gets it all out...

linlee

Asked by linlee at 7:00 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When it first happens, take it off and soak it. Then rub soap on it, massage with your hands. I have never had a stain yet :)
    Anonymous

• If you dont rinse it right away and it sets, not too much will help. You can try a stain treater, and soak the clothing in it, and washing it is really hot water, or maybe the OXY clean stuff, I have heard good things about that. good luck!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:03 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I like oxy clean. I will dump it right on the stain and let it soak for hours, or even overnight. Then I toss it in the regular laundry. If the stain is still there after that, I throw what ever it is away.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:04 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I was going to say Oxy Clean as well. But, I do it right away and let it sit for a little bit and then wash it right out. And, I never ever put anything that still has a stain in it in the the dryer. I take it out of the wash and if a stain is still there I put more stain stuff on it and re-wash (that goes for any kind of stain) That usually works for me.
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 7:07 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I use shout triple action its the only thing that has ever worked for me. you have to soak the clothes in hot water and get as much as will rinse out off. then spray, let sit and scrub together and rinse again. all better.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 7:16 PM on May. 8, 2009

• There is a bar soap you can find in most grocery stores, in the laundry isle, it's called Talipia and is in bar form (something like that) it's a mexican brand and it is amazing I have gotten set stains out with it, just work it in with a little brush let it sit for a few and wash as normal.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 7:16 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I have used oxy clean and haven't had the greatest luck with that. I do however rinse in HOT soapy water and use soap and oxy clean in the water and most of the stain comes out sometimes all of it. It just depends. Just remember that babies stain clothes and there isn't anything that you can do to stop it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:28 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I too use OxyClean. Either I dissolve OxyClean powder in the sink and let the clothes soak there until I do laundry or I use the OxyClean stain remover spray. I then also put probably 3 scoops of OxyClean into the laundry machine along with the detergent. If the stain hasn't come out, I retreat it immediately instead of putting it into the dryer.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 7:44 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I get the clothes and scrub out what I can with dish detergent and warm water, then treat it with a stain stick. (To be honest, I forgot about a couple of poopie onesies one week, and this works on even dried poo.) Then wash it in the laundry as you normally would. This has gotten out every stain I've had to work with. Baby food, poo, etc. It even works with period blood.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:28 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Dreft Stain remover
    spababy120

Answer by spababy120 at 8:57 PM on May. 8, 2009