Sterilizing Question...

After sterilizing bottles and nipples, where to you keep them before you use them? Is it ok to lay them on top of a paper towel and cover them with a paper towel? Will they stay sterile that way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• thats what I do
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:06 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I don't really worry about that. It's not like exposing clean bottles to air will infect your baby. I put them on a clean dish towel on my kitchen counter.
    Anonymous

• After the initial sterilization (boiling) the ones I used said to only clean with soap and water so I didn't worry about it.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:19 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Nothing stays sterile once it is exposed to the air. After they are sterilized then you have killed off all the bad bacteria that could harm them from milk that has sat there for awhile. Once the baby is about 2-3 mos old then you can stop sterilizing the bottles.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:25 PM on May. 8, 2009

• i have a drying rack just for bottles and nipples that i set on top of my microwave and just let them air dry and store them there..
    casper4991

Answer by casper4991 at 10:48 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Somone once told me that with the first baby, when the pacifier hits the ground, it gets sterilized; with the second baby, it gets wiped on your shirt, with the third baby, the dog licks it off.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:57 PM on May. 8, 2009