Which is most important to you, how your SO treats you or how they look?

For instance if someone doesn't have ALL of the physical qualities that you desire, would you still date or marry them if they treated you better than anyone else ever has? Now I realize that when it comes to physical qualities, the peson still needs to be physically appealing but do you feel like they must meet all of your criteria or would you still give them a chance if they were slightly slacking in some categories. If yes, what areas would you accept slack in? If no, why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• i think how they treat you is the most important. looks fade but being an asshole is forever.

lucky for me my hubs is gorgeous and a great guy.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 7:10 PM on May. 8, 2009

• duuuhhhh
    Anonymous

• HOW THEY TREAT ME.
    rubipresiosa1

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 7:11 PM on May. 8, 2009

• If you go for looks, you're a vain person.

I'd rather have someone who treats me well.
    Anonymous

• To me, looks do not matter. What matters is that we love each other and we treat each other with respect. No one is ever going to find a PERFECT MAN. Every man has flaws. My husband is flawed. and so am I for that matter. It is not physical attraction that caught my eye to my husband. It was his smile and sense of humor and his personality. His eyes are great too. but he is a good person and any one would have been lucky to have gotten him. but he was in love with me. If my husband gained 400 lbs then I would still be by his side as I am today. He would do the same for me.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 7:13 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I second Jackalswife. I have never been one to obsess over my sweeties looks. But if he treats me bad I'm out of there.
    DIYindymom

Answer by DIYindymom at 7:14 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I'd rather be with someone ugly who treats me like a queen, than be with the hottest guy on the planet who treats me like crap.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 7:18 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I think that how he treats me is the most important. I was initially attracted to him b/c he was cute and had a great butt. By the end of the day I was begging my friend for his number and we have been together ever since. I have fallen in love with a man that treats me like I am a queen (most days). All men are lacking in some areas but aren't we ALL.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:19 PM on May. 8, 2009

• How they treat me most definately. I feel in love with my hubby because of how he treated me. He wasnt the type I went for physically, but the way he treated me and acted made me love him. Now I think he's the most gorgeous man on the planet and he treats me like a queen.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 7:20 PM on May. 8, 2009

• opps. I meant fell*
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 7:21 PM on May. 8, 2009