Have you ever tasted...

Marsala Wine? I am making chicken marsala for dinner and I love wine so I thought I would have a glass, that shit is nasty! Has anyone ever tasted it?

lapcounter

Asked by lapcounter at 7:44 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Food & Drink

• BItter much?! LOL :o) Marsala wine is used to keep the chicken moist, make a kind of tangy "gravy" and bring out the flavor.

I hope you took a sip, and not a gulp (that's how I drink my wine!!! LOL) :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:52 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I've eaten chicken Marsala and loved it... but no, I never drank it! I guess that why the cook with it?? Because it is undrinkable??

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:47 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I also love chicken marsala and cook it often, but that shit smells sooo bad I don't think I could possibly drink it. Did you vomit??
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 7:54 PM on May. 8, 2009

• you gotta get the good stuff, at least $20-25 bucks a a bottle, that said it is mainly a cooking wine. Julia Child once said " if it's not good enough to drink, it's not good enough to cook with"
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:23 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I'm with you ~ nasty tasting! But, it is good in recipes.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 9:54 PM on May. 8, 2009

• If you are not cooking with drinkable wine, then what do you do with the leftovers?

Answer by rkoloms at 10:27 PM on May. 8, 2009

• You should only cook with a wine that you would drink. Marsala wine is a strong red wine that you should be sipping.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:49 PM on May. 8, 2009