Nipple stimulation to start labor

anyone do this, any luck?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i tried it. no luck. no luck with anything. i tried every way i could to start labor and nothing helped. i finally had to be induced at 42 wks.
    mnadcox

Answer by mnadcox at 8:03 PM on May. 8, 2009

• No luck with it. Labor will start when baby is ready. try walking or stair climbing.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:08 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I started doing it on my due date and did it a few times a day and went into labor 2 days later. I'm not sure if that's what did it but it was the only thing i tried, so it was either that or she was just ready.Good luck.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 8:11 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I tried every trick in the book to no avail. The only thing that kicked me into labor was pitocin.
    Anonymous

• From what I have been told it takes more than just "stimulation" for that to work. My ob nurse said to pump because you just about have to "nurse" or some stimulation like it for it to release the hormones that start labor. I didnt do it so I dont know if it would work or not.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 9:03 PM on May. 8, 2009