Flying with my then 14 month old.

My dd is 11 month old now but will be 14 months old when we fly to RI from MI. What can i do to keep her happy on the plane? the problem is she hates to sit still shes always on the move. I dont know if shell be more calm in 3 months or more wiggly! Also she wont be on bottles by then so would a paci work to help her ears from popping?
Thanks!

emilysmom401

Asked by emilysmom401 at 8:03 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am wondering the same thing. I am flying in a few weeks with my 2.5 year old, but I am bringing alot of stuff to occupy her. My pedi just told me to give her lots of fluids and nothing else for the ear popping. My daughter hasn't been on a paci since she was about 1. Anyway your daughter is going to be so much more wiggly at 14 months just because they are just starting out with the exploring and such. I was us both luck:)
    MandyT1021

Answer by MandyT1021 at 8:16 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I just flew twice with my then 11 month old son and he is a very active baby. I bought new toys and books for the plane so he would be more interested to play with them. He did get irritated when he wasn't able to crawl around and stuff but we managed both ways. I did it myself with him and a huge pregnant belly. Bring lots of snacks and I used a sippy for my son when taking off but he always finished it before the initial take-off. He didn't seem to have a problem with his ears popping he was too busy playing with the plane brochures. Bring some infant tylenol for her ears too, I never had to use it. I was lucky though both ways, I got a whole row to myself and the planes were pretty empty. Just ask if you can have a seat with an available one next to you if there is one. Oh and by the way the changing tables are tiny. Good luck, hopefully it won't be that long of a ride, for me it was 3 hrs and 45 mins both ways.
    Anonymous