almost-fainting spells

Any one else occasionally feel all the blood rush out of their head, vision starts to go dark, and in order to not pass out you must sit down immediatly? This has happened to me a few times in the past week. Its pretty scary. Doc said it seems perfectly normal and has something to do with BP. Huh... still seems scary to me though. Just wondering if any of you are feeling the same.

kemmerer411

Asked by kemmerer411 at 8:09 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it happened to me plenty of times. My doctor told me not to stand up so fast.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 8:13 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I did when I was a few months pregnant. It didn't help that I was a server at the time and the only one working at that! (there were only 12 tables in a small pizzeria that also served italiano food). I would feel that way a few times a week and the one time I didn't get to sit down fast enough and woke up laying on the floor...somehow I had made it to the bathroom before I blacked out and had made it in the door before I fell to the ground. I told my boss I had to go home, I was scared to death and wanted to go see the doctor since I didn't know how hard I fell or how I landed or anything but he told me I couldn't leave and had to 'suck it up' so I told him to 'get bent' and quit. When I talked to my doctor she said it was perfectly normal and I was fine. My whole pregnancy I would get dizzy from standing up too fast but I didn't pass out again. Just take things slow and don't overexert yourself!
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 8:17 PM on May. 8, 2009

• yeah that has happened to me a few times. my 1st pregnancy i actually did faint and fell right on my belly, thankfully everything was ok, but it was really scarey!. when u feel that way sit down right away i go for the back patio for fresh air or if i cant make it that far i sit infront of the fridge with the door opened. and then i can grab some water while im sitting. keep propel in the fridge cuz that helps.
    lilysmommy23

Answer by lilysmommy23 at 8:40 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Yes, early in my pregnancy it happened. Anytime I was walking for even a little bit, I'd have to sit down. At the time, I lived in Vegas, and we were walking in the Luxor at one of the exhibits they had at the time, and 3 times in a row I almost fainted, and with all the people there, it was really embarassing lol. Buy yes, it's normal. Just try not to stand up/sit down too fast or be on your feet for a long time. Good luck!
    Anonymous