Yes... another nasty poop question

My baby is 8 days old and is formula fed.She's had only 2 bowel movements in the last 2 days and today she has had none.Is this normal?She also seems to be peeing more than she had been.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When my son was a newborn he only pooped every other day and he was formula fed. Sometimes he would poop every three days but that was rare and difficult for him. I think it's normal, at least with my experience. The doctor told me to mix prune juice with water if he ever got backed up and trust me you don't need much, just make sure you water it down alot.
    Anonymous

• Yes it's normal. I breastfed for like 3 or 4 days and she pooped a lot, than I switched to formula and she pooped only once a day. Once in awhile she skips a day, but it seems painful for her when she finally goes though. Now, she's almost 8 weeks and she still poops once a day, it's just a LOT more at once lol. Good luck!
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 9:18 PM on May. 8, 2009

• It's normal. She can go 2-3 days without pooping and it's fine. If after 3 days no poop, call your pediatrican and see if they want to introduce something like pear juice to get things going. Sometimes formula can be constipating.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:32 PM on May. 8, 2009