My son is about two months old, he has white stuff on his tongue? Does anyone know what that is?

jaxensmama686

Asked by jaxensmama686 at 8:14 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Could be thrush.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like thrush, I'd take him to the dr.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 8:15 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Anonymous

• Does sound like Thrush, take him to the doc to get an antibotic, if you are breatfeeding it you transfer to your nipples and then you would need an antibotic cream for yourself. If you get it and don't treat it, it can get painful trust me I know. Had it with my first son.
    Good luck
    shoegal

Answer by shoegal at 8:17 PM on May. 8, 2009

• thrush take him to the doc he needs meds.. and he will be cranky. my son had it when he was a month old poor lil guy... he needed antibiotic every few hours so we had to set the alarm to wake up and give him the meds call the docs.... good luck and bare with him if he gets cranky xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:18 PM on May. 8, 2009

• http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/thrush/thrush-resources.html   Here is another link with a list of links to information on thrush (what it is, how to treat it, special diets, etc.). Make sure to boil anything that goes into baby's mouth and if you are breastfeeding you should be treated too. Good Luck!

Anonymous

• it's not thrush, if it was you'd know something was wrong. My dd had the same thing and my doc said it was perfectly normal.
    Liv32

Answer by Liv32 at 9:00 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I agree it sounds like thrush...you should get him in to see his doc for antibiotics. My niece got it when she was a few weeks old...I told her mom I thought it was thrush ( she thought it was milk/formula )...had to sterilize breast pump stuff & use nipple shields for breast feedings along with antibiotics. He will be fine. good luck!
    whispers2005

Answer by whispers2005 at 9:01 PM on May. 8, 2009

• If it is just on his tongue it probably is not thrush. My twins get white tongues everyday. It comes off when I wipe there mouth clean. Thrush will show up on the inside of their cheeks. If you are worried it may be thrush you can always call you pediatrician and see if they want you to bring him in.
    one2many

Answer by one2many at 9:09 PM on May. 8, 2009

• if it rubs off it's milk
    If it doesn't thrush and needs a presription to get rid of it
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:30 PM on May. 8, 2009