What is wrong with gay marriage, other then it is against the bible?

Ok, since many of you are against gay marriage because "the bible say's it's wrong", let's take it out of the equation. Is there anything else wrong with it? Are you truely that disgusted by the thought of two men or two women living together and being married to each other. And, no I don't mean what they do in the bedroom, because honestly, that is thier business. There are plenty of people I see that are married that I think shouldn't be and it has NOTHING to do with my religion. So, other then the bible syas it's wrong, what is the problem with gay marriage?
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 8:18 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I said it once, and I will say it again. i don't understand how some think that more people actually getting married is a BAD thing, whether they are straight or gay. You would think folks would be happy that people want to take a vow to love and cherish another person and only that person for the rest of their life. I am disappointed that many folks are so unsupportive of two people who want to make a lifetime commitment to each other.

dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 10:50 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I think two fat people having sex is an abonimation, but you don't see me protesting their right to go at, do you?

One one person thinks is gross, someone else may not...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:22 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Quite honestly, what the Bible says is all that matters to me. God made marriage a sacred institution between ONE man and ONE woman. period.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 8:27 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Well, thank you so much for being able to step out of the box and be helpful. lol
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:29 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I honestly believe that if God creates love between two people- it is their God given right to explore it.
    I believe that we have no right to judge them, when We ALL go against the bible... how many people these days wait until marriage to have sex? How many people cheat? I mean really...
    "Let He who is without sin cast the first stone"
    I honestly believe that With everything they go through to be together-all the ridicule... all the pain they suffer for being homosexual, i believe they deserve to be able to marry the person they love.
    Whether or not the law allows them to get married, they are going to be together whether we like it or not... so why not let them have the same securities in their relationships as we get in ours?
    I dont see anything wrong with it.
    Maybe all marriages would be stronger if we faced the trials they face before we could say "i do"
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 8:29 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I believe that only God can judge at the end of days so who am I to try to act like I am 'sin free' and hate on anyone else? I will live my life and allow others to live theres.....I believe that is what God wants me to do, be non-judgemental and loving towards all man kind, no matter who they love!
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 8:34 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Well said trystons mommy, I dont think I could have said it better myself, regaurdless of what the bibles says.. people, even CHRISTIANS sin everyday, yet they still have their rights !!!!!!! I quess they forget that part.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:36 PM on May. 8, 2009

• "I think two fat people having sex is an abonimation, but you don't see me protesting their right to go at, do you?"

WOW.  I get the point you are trying to make but do you need to be so mean to another group of people in order to illustrate your point? That is really unnecessary.

Anonymous

• Yes I do, because is illustrates how ignorant the gay comments sound...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:43 PM on May. 8, 2009

• There's nothing wrong with it at all. Just please keep the PDA's decent, or like any other couple get a room. LOL No problem with it just don't need my kids seeing it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:44 PM on May. 8, 2009