When you cook for your baby, how do you do it?

I mean as in meat. My daughter has stuck her nose up to baby food and now wants what I'm eating. So when I make her chicken, I basically boil/steam it. I don't want to cook it in oil and I just don't have time to bake it. How do you guys do it?

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 8:19 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I just cooked our meals and gave them diced up pieces of what we were eating. Teeth don't matter since they don't chew with front teeth anyway. Until they get their molars, they chew with their gums.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:03 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I drizzle olive oil (healthy fat) in a pan and cook the meat.
    Anonymous

• So it's fine if I cook it in evoo? I wasn't sure about the oil.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:26 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Yes, it's fine. :-)
    Anonymous

• How old is your daughter? If she is regularly eating table food and has at least a couple of teeth, she can probably eat anything you are eating. You would probably want to put tougher things in the blender for a second, like meat.
    My son didn't like baby food for very long once he got a look at what we were eating. There is no reason why she couldn't eat whatever you were eating, unless it was too spicy or something.
    Guaranteed

Answer by Guaranteed at 8:43 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Ok, thanks. I was just worried about the spices and stuff. I will use the evoo and stop being such a p*ssy about giving her new foods.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:25 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I wouldn't give meat to a baby, not until at least 18 months. Get your baby in the habit of eating vegetables, fruits, whole grains, beans.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:53 PM on May. 8, 2009