Has anyone here had a baby with an autoimmune disorder?

I have autoimmune hepatitis and my goal is to try to start getting pregnant at the end of the year. I have been taking imuran for over a year and my liver enzymes are completely normal. The goal is to go off my meds in August and start trying to conceive in Oct-Dec. I have gotten the okay to go off meds and try to get pregnant, but I am so scared I won't be able to have a normal pregnancy. I have mixed messages from doctors and would love to hear if anyone here with an autoimmune disorder has had a successful pregnancy and any tips. Thanks so much!

Niccky

Asked by Niccky at 8:34 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I don't have an autoimmune disorder but I just wanted to say that I wish you the best and I hope you are able to find someone who can give you advice and calm your fears.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:37 PM on May. 8, 2009