Dying your hair while pregnant

Is it safe?
Im 32 weeks

Out of the box dye

The brand is Color Eazy from the dollar tree

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not safe
    Anonymous

• i am pregnant and want to dye my hair too, guess we will have to wait. better to be safe than sorry!
    lilysmommy23

Answer by lilysmommy23 at 8:43 PM on May. 8, 2009

• My dr said it was okay but i wait until after i have my baby now because when i was pregnant with my son i died my hair and it was nothing like the color on the box. I know they said not to do it in the first trimester but they said it was fine in the 2nd or 3rd. Good luck
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 8:44 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Its safe as long as your in your second trimester.
    My cousin is a cosmetologist and said that your better off having it professionally done because the dyes they use normally don't have ammonia in them.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 8:44 PM on May. 8, 2009

• As long as you are past your first trimester its fine. But the color may not turn out right.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 9:01 PM on May. 8, 2009

• its perfectly safe. but be careful. your hormones are crazy so the color may look nothing like it should.
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 9:56 PM on May. 8, 2009

• not really especially one you paid a dollar for. all store bought dyes are metallic in the base and can cause horrid resuts even in pregnancy free hair. go to a salon where they can use all natural plant based aka safe hair dyes or just wait til after the baby comes. you only have a few weeks to go. store bought dyes contain ammonia and other not safe elements and chemicals, would you ingest a glass of ammonia???no i bet you wouldn't if it can be absorbed in to your skin or scalp it can get in to your blood stream thus in to the baby too.
    BlendedMommy009

Answer by BlendedMommy009 at 10:03 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I jsut did and I'm about 31weeks. Your supposed to be in a well vented area like with a window open. I went and got professional har dye cause the store box crap didn;t work.
    Anonymous

• its safe, but the color may be screwed up...I tried to dye my hair when I preggo, some shade of light brown and it turned out like child's play chucky red...so just be careful you dont end up with a crazy color :)
    barefootbchbum

Answer by barefootbchbum at 9:34 AM on May. 11, 2009