what is a good help for the PUPP rash?

I have been diagnosed with PUPPS and it is the worst thing ever. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have advice?

Cm125mill

Asked by Cm125mill at 8:40 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Oh man. It is absolutely miserable!! Sorry to say though, the only cure is to deliver the baby. Just try to keep lotion on it at all times. That was the only thing that even remotely helped with me. Cortisone cream does nothing and is more expensive. Just plain, unscented lotion.
    amc9184

Answer by amc9184 at 8:50 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I had it with my son and it was HORRIBLE. My dr told me to use benadryl cream. It actually worked enough to allow me to live with it.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 9:00 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I had it with my first pregnancy and the dr prescribe cortizone. It didn't help that much. Wish I had thought about benadryl cream....Just curious, is this your 1st pregnancy and are you having a boy?
    jkt747

Answer by jkt747 at 9:23 PM on May. 8, 2009

• OMG...i had it too. i am so sorry this has happened. Nothing helped me. in fact i got it so bad that they were going to induce me early (like a day) but he started to come the next morning...they say have your baby is going to help but for me it didnt lol...i got put on steriods (predisone) and more benadryl....Good luck and if it gets too bad go back and see the dr.
    ldylancer03

Answer by ldylancer03 at 9:38 PM on May. 8, 2009

• This is my second pregnancy...the first one only lasted four months though...I am suppost to be having a girl haha. I see the odds are against me but the dr.s still insist they only see the hamburger not a hot dog lol Has anyone else had PUPPPS and had a girl?
    Cm125mill

Answer by Cm125mill at 2:38 PM on May. 10, 2009