what creative things can i do..

with my 3 year old, that dont involve hrs of hard labor as a clean up process... lol, we tried making bead jewelery... they just end up all over the floor. tried play doh... again, my poor floor. we did build a bear, and im afraid of paint. i think we may have colored up a city by now with all the crayons we use. help me ladies

StarrCooKie

Asked by StarrCooKie at 8:40 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• What about that play foam? You can buy all kinds of shapes with sticky on the back and build little scenes, decorate hats, flip flops, door knockers, picture frames, etc. It is relatively inexpensive and it isn't messy.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:43 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Aqua doodle or the crayola stuff that only colors the paper and not the floor.
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 8:48 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Here are a couple of websites I came across that have a lot of different ideas. I'll probably hang on to them for when my daughter gets old enough.

http://www.parentingtoddlers.com/toddlercraft.html

http://www.stretcher.com/stories/981214b.cfm

AmberBrat

Answer by AmberBrat at 8:49 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Crayola makes some paints that only show up on the special paper they sell with them. I LOVE these paints, they are so easy, you can literally paint anywhere, it will not color on anything but the paper.
    When I was that age, my mom and I went on walks and collected things like leaves, rocks, seeds, and flowers, then did some art project with them.
    You can cook with them. My son loves helping me cook. He stirs, and pours in ingredients (with supervision).
    If you have some fairly smooth sidewalk you could get some sidewalk chalk. My parents had special paints that were just for the bath tub. Clean up was a breeze, the paint washed away with water (although you'd probably have to take the bath AFTER playing with the paints, it turned the water colors).
    We like singing together too, especially if the song has actions like Itsy Bitsy Spider or I'm a Little Teapot or Ring Around the Rosie.
    Guaranteed

Answer by Guaranteed at 8:51 PM on May. 8, 2009

• we actually do have sidewalk chalk, just waiting for some good enough weather.
    she loves helping out in the kitchen 2. and she likes washing dishes. lol (what a game rite?)
    StarrCooKie

Answer by StarrCooKie at 9:00 PM on May. 8, 2009

• bubbles! get different shaped things to blow bubbles and go outside and have at it
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 9:56 PM on May. 8, 2009

• oh those play foams are NICE... my cousin uses them all the time. From the time she was 3.. even now.. that she's 15 lol.

you can make a lot out of them too. jewelry, characters, houses, flowers, you name it.

try looking up orientaltrading.com they have craft sets you can buy that are fun, and pretty cheap (they normally sell them by the dozen and list what is included for the projects and what you may need to buy seperate. but those you have to buy seperate are because they can be used in other crafts as well.).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:35 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Shaving cream. Doesn't stain, leaves no grease marks and rubs right into anything the kid could put it on.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:42 PM on May. 8, 2009

• stickers! kids love stickers! lol- give her a roll of large stickers and a few sheets of construction paper and let her stick away! lol that will entertain her for a bit
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 10:58 PM on May. 8, 2009

• lol, stickers... my baby loves stickers, u would knw if you just took a look at my floor.
    o lawd... shaving cream, sounds like a fun tragedy waitn 2 happen i could imagine what my apartment would look like by the end of that 1.
    she recently got the hang of cutting w/ scissors without endagring our lives.. maybe we'll make some colages. lol, sounds safe enough!
    StarrCooKie

Answer by StarrCooKie at 12:42 AM on May. 9, 2009