has anyones 3 year old just turn into a monster this week?

my son age 3 is a good lil boy threw out the day he has his moments but for the past week its like he ate a bowl of sugar and turned into a non listen kid. he will hit the dog i will say no then i said no and he laughs and will get baped on the bum and he just smirks. he will scream juice instead of saying please and i will say no what do u say. and its a crazy PLEASE. its like hes wond up im at my wits end with him. i now look forward to bedtime. what do i do? i swear my sugar isent in reach....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Three is the worst age (until the teen years). Be consistent with discipline and ignore the temper tantrums. One day he will be four and this will all be over.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:48 PM on May. 8, 2009

• omg mine is the same way right now. i'll tell her i'm turning off the t.v. and she goes "fine mommy, and no toys, no snacks no juice too!" or i'll ask if she wants to go to timeout and shes like YES! i give her to a count of 5 for most things to shape up and i'll pause at 3 so she can do whatever it is shes supposed to and she goes 4,5,6,7!!!! and runs off. i ran out of options last night spanked her bottom and an hour later she was doing the same thing, after sitting down and talking about why she got spanked and apologizing for the problem, well i asked her do you remember what happened last time you didn't listen? she says yes got spanking, i said did it hurt your bottom? yes mommy it did do you want another one or do you want to listen? i want a spanking!!! and off she goes..i swear its like hell week around here like its some giant test i'm supposed to be taking
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:14 PM on May. 8, 2009

• The "twos" were not terrible. The "threes" are when they started to get independent streaks! It was a challenge. Keep being firm, loving and consistnat and they will grow out of it!
    Frogmom69

Answer by Frogmom69 at 11:31 PM on May. 8, 2009

• My son has also been a monster this week but I blame it on the full moon. I 100% agree with Frogmom69. My son is three and I use time outs.(one warning first)After time out I sit down with him and tell him why he's in time out and we exchange hugs and kisses. If he's still acting up after time out ...I try to figure out if he's hungry or needs a nap. My son has SPD so I can usually figure out he's been overstimulated. Stay strong and keep your sense of humor because he won't be three forever.
    mkagdchcetdy

Answer by mkagdchcetdy at 10:40 AM on May. 11, 2009