any have a good suggestion for a family vacation at the ocean?(east coast)

we're going to be getting a little $ soon. i wanted to go to atlantis in the bahamas, but i think that's going to cost too much. i definitely want to go where the ocean is. i have a 10 and 14 year old. any suggestions? i thought about disney world, but it's hard to find $ info on the computer. has anyone been there lately and can give me an approx. price.? i live in NY.

thanks!!

PAWPAUSE

Asked by PAWPAUSE at 8:56 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Travel

• http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/

that is their website where you can price out packages and rooms etc on the resort
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:59 PM on May. 8, 2009

• OCEAN CITY NJ
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 9:04 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I just got back, and we all had a blast. But beware of the prices you find, they don't include the tax as the total price. So when i got there the car was taxed $100 more the tickets were about $100 more and so was the hotel. It costed me a little more than i wanted to spend. So if you book online make sure you get the phone numbers so you can call and ask what the cost of these things are with THE TAX INCLUDED.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 9:04 PM on May. 8, 2009

• oh and if you stay at the hotels on the resort, there are trams that will take you to the parks and pick you up from your hotel. so you may not need a rental car unless you plan on spending alot more time away from the park areas. and if you have a disney store near you, you can buy your tickets there, or call them and get ticket prices at least and they have the prices for after taxes
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:08 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Myrtle Beach is nice!!
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 9:10 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Kiawa beach south caroline. I went yrs ago, its a little island off the coast of s carolina(charelston) and its gorgeous. You can stay in the lodge or rent out a condo to live in for the time you are there. You can rent bikes, its got a little wak thru town type place, with shops and ice creme parlors. Its very private and beautiful. I cant wait to go back again.
    but disney would prolly be more fun for your kids. :o) have a great time.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:27 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I don't understand how you can't find prices? let me know about cruise!!! What about bermuda? then you don't have to fly to the port. I here Parking is high in Baltimore or NY for cruise. You can get a hotel for a night that offers free parking and a shuttle to the port.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 1:01 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Check out www.tvtravelpackage.com/CC4075  They have an awesome vacation package which includes like 5 cruises and 25 resort vacations. The total package costs only $995! It also includes discounts on airfare, car rentals, restaurants, golf, etc. I thought it was a great deal! Good luck!!

luvbingmum

Answer by luvbingmum at 3:50 PM on May. 10, 2009