What do you think about the WH Supreme Court short list?

The leading contenders on the short list: federal appeals court Judges Sonia Sotomayor and Diane Wood, and Solicitor General Elena Kagan, sources close to the process say.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/legalities/2009/05/white-house-for.html

Friday

Asked by Friday at 8:59 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• WE NEED SOME ORDER BACK IN WASHINGTON, BABIES ARE DYING!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 9:07 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Guess that means Specter lost another one. He wanted someone "not associated with the law."

Of the 3 I'd lean towards Wood simply because there's enough Ivy League creeping around Washington already. No need to add more.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:07 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I'm thinking that no matter who Obama picks, it's not gonna matter. Even tho Souter was put in there by Bush 1, he voted liberally nearly 100% of the time. Obama is of course only going to appoint a liberal, so I don't think it'll make much difference. Do I wish he'd pick someone with morals and values, yes...but I know that won't happen.
    Anonymous

• 2mothershelpers, what are you going on about?

NP, makes sense, honestly I'm not familiar with any of them so will need to do some research before I can make an educated comment.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 9:10 PM on May. 8, 2009

• KAGAN!!!! votingWE NEED A SMART CONSERVATIVE WOMAN to shape up Washington!!!

thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 9:21 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I think it's of little consequence:

A liberal judge will be replaced by a liberal judge, and the overall voting of the supreme court will remain the same.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 9:39 PM on May. 8, 2009