I am having a hysterectomy in two weeks what do I have to look forward to

I am 46 was told I need this surgery to stop the bleeding and pain does this help or am I getting into more problems??

hershal1962

Asked by hershal1962 at 9:01 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Health

• Well, a lot of that depends on the type of hysterectomy you are having.......is it vaginal, or are they going to have to go in through the abdomen? Is it a total (meaning removal of the ovaries and tubes as well) or just the uterus?
    No matter what, the bleeding will stop, and after the surgical discomfort goes away you should feel much better. Not having pelvic pain is going to be a huge burden lifted from you. The type of surgery you have will determine your recovery time.........and whether it is a complete or partial hysterectomy will determine if there could be some other problems arise later. Most can be treated well with medical intervention.
    Best of luck to you. :)

Foster_Mom

Answer by Foster_Mom at 9:15 PM on May. 8, 2009