WHY DID'NT PRES. OBAMA EVEN TAKE A SHORT PAUSE FOR A PRAYER YESTERDAY ON THE NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER?

I THINK OUR COUNTRY COULD USE 'SOME HELP FROM ABOVE!

2mothershelpers

Asked by 2mothershelpers at 9:09 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• cause he is not Christian like he says.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Because it's not a national holiday so much as a throwaway day like Talk Like a Pirate Day. I'm guessing he didn't celebrate that one either. Shame on him.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:11 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I heard this too and was surprized.. I don't know , i don't get it . guess that means the rest of us need to pick up the slack for him .
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 9:11 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Maybe because God and prayer have no business in our Government and he knows it? If he paused for prayer, I'd then expect him to honor every other religion in our diverse country and pause for prayer days for Muslims, Jews, Buddhists and what ever other religions people practice.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:15 PM on May. 8, 2009

• i think it's a good thing, because not everyone in this country is christian and it would only highlight a christian nation which we are not
    Anonymous

• Because he's a muslim and doesn't believe in God?
    Anonymous

• did someone spend every moment of the day with him yesterday? or did he say that he didnt pray at all yesterday? or are you upset b/c he didnt do it while on camera for the whole world to see?

its no ones business but his if he did or didnt pray. prayer isnt for cameras, its between the individual & God.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:19 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Because not everyone cares about stupid petty "holidays"

Today is apparently No Socks day...but I don't know of anyone celibrating that...
    Although the 16th is national sea monkey day...might have to get some sea monkey's for that one.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 9:20 PM on May. 8, 2009

• HE ALSO DID NOT STAND AFTER AMAZING GRACE WAS SUNG BEAUTIFULLY WHEN HE WAS INAUGERATED???ALL THE OTHER PRES. DID,HMMMM HE HAS SOME ISSUES I GUESS???I JUST WONDER WHY HE IS NOT HONERING GOD AS THE AUTHORITY HE IS AND PEOPLE HAVE TO WONDER ABOUT HIS RELIGIOUS VIEWS???
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 9:25 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Actually, I think prayer can be better done if you are able to pray to god in your own way without distraction. It allows for more conecetration and reflection.
    But, as to why he didn't do it for all of us to see, ever heard of seperation of church and state? I don't think it would be a good idea for any preseident, or any political figure for that matter, to get in front of the world and promote one religion over another. It's bad for business, so to speak.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:26 PM on May. 8, 2009