What are some good, fast recipies that will please a meat & potatoes guy? We are in a rut and I need new meal ideas!

kattie28

Asked by kattie28 at 9:26 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I stick a pot roast in the crock pot with chopped onions, garlic, and a can of cream of mush room soup. I put in potatoes about an hour before dinner. Not terribly original, but super easy.

Meatloaf is always a hit. I usually mash up potatoes for that.

Pepper steak is another good one. Cut the beef into strips and brown it the night before. In the morning put it in the cock pot with sliced onions, garlic, and 1/4 of soy sauce. Cook on low all day. About an hour before serving add canned chopped tomatoes and sliced bell peppers. Right before you serve it add a little cornstarch dissolved in water to thicken it up. Serve over rice. Technically not meat and potatoes, but very yummy.

Hope one of these is a new one.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 9:43 PM on May. 8, 2009

• My meat and potatoes guy LOVES my shrimp pasta and also beef stroganoff
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 9:29 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I'm married to a meat & potatoes guy. He loves bratwurst, ribs, green chile chicken enchiladas, pasta with meat sauce, plus more.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 9:37 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Do you want him to stay and meat and potatoes guy or do you want him to be healthy and grow old with you. Get him eating fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Here are some of the meals that I feed my former meat and potatoes guy, feel free to contact me if you would like recipes: sweet potato and black bean burritos; southwestern falafel; general tsao's tofu; noodles and broccoli with peanut sauce, veggie stew with dumplings, mushroom lasage, chili pie

Answer by rkoloms at 10:22 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I cut up Kielbasa, potatoes, green peppers and onions into chunks. Put in a cake pan with butter and a little olive oil. Bake at 150 for about 45 minutes, until potatoes are done. You can also cook it in the crockpot or on the stove top. Just keep potato chunks kind of on the smaller size so they cook quickly. Oh, I also add some chopped garlic.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:46 PM on May. 8, 2009

• We went from eating lots of red meat to only using ground turkey in place of ground beef, and chicken when we want to grill or roast. We eat red meat maybe once or twice a month now. After a week of using ground turkey in things like homemade burritos, chili, meatloaf, shepherds pie, etc, we all came to realize we prefer the taste of the turkey to the taste of beef. Chicken is great because you can flavor it and cook it just about any way. We are making Fusion Chicken for dinner tomorrow, which is chicken breast marinated in a mixture of soy sauce, grapefruit juice, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil, cooked on a griddle, then glazed with a glaze of peach preserves, hoisin sauce, and soy sauce. Serve over brown or white rice. Even better would be to stir fry or steam some vegetables, add in a little bit of the glaze, and serve that with it too.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:52 PM on May. 8, 2009

• shepards pie, i'm young and know how to eat 'poor'. brown some meat with spices in it, i use cumin, garlic, salt, and (1 small) finely chopped onion. thinly slice some potatoes (peeled or not), put the cooked meat in a deep pan, you can mix it up with canned corn and canned black beans. and put the potatoes on top and some shredded cheese if you want, i usually mix it with the meat and veggies then throw it in the oven on about 350 till the potatoes are soft (check them with a fork) you can even used mashed potatoes instead.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 12:33 AM on May. 12, 2009

• bulk up some hamburger helper, add extra spices like cumin and maybe some onion when you're browning the meat. cook some pasta (doesn't matter if it matches the pasta from the helper) after you drain the pasta add a bit of cumin so it doesnt have that plain pasta taste and add it to your helper.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 12:35 AM on May. 12, 2009