Is there anything that will help with baby acne?

My 2 month old baby has acne pretty bad on his chest, shoulders and behind his ears on his neck. This just started a few days ago and has gotten worse. Is there anything I can do to help it go away? Anyone know of any good products?

LogansMama2

Asked by LogansMama2 at 9:29 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i never found anything for my dd and her doc said not to use adult or teen products b/c they would be too strong. if it is severe there are prescription medications that you can get from the pediatrician though
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:30 PM on May. 8, 2009

• dont pop them, dont wash the face with soap...just use a washcloth and water. it will go away on its own
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:34 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I found that kissing the baby in the face is what causes it sometimes. I know they are irrestible but try not to kiss the baby and esp don't let any one else kiss them. Also I agree with the other comment. Just use water to wash the face.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 9:39 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Are you sure it is baby acne? It seems kind of strange that it has come on so quickly at 2 mo. Have you checked with the doctor?
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 9:48 PM on May. 8, 2009

• It kind of sounds like heat rash, as my grandma used to say. Or, milk bumps? Is that right? Either way, they wil both go away on their own.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 9:51 PM on May. 8, 2009

• If he has not had this and it just came up fast I would have the dr look at it, it could be a rash. If it is acne I used Elidil (sp?) on my nephew when he was little but the dr will have to give it to you. Hope he gets better
    MomOfFour24

Answer by MomOfFour24 at 9:58 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I agree with GMR. Is he sweating a lot? Usually baby acne doesn't come on so much so fast. If it's a heat rash, try cool, wet wash clothes on the areas. Sometimes it helps. It will also help a little if it is acne. Wash the areas with water only. No soaps.
    IrishMomma727

Answer by IrishMomma727 at 10:58 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Burts bees baby powder worked wonders on my 2nd daughter. Just put some on a cotton ball and dab it on the red spots.....you will instantly see the redness reduce.
    vivianasmom

Answer by vivianasmom at 11:14 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I have to agree that it sounds more like a heat rash, or a rash, than acne.. most baby acne I've seen is more in the facial area... not all over the body.
    I would take her in, just to be sure it's not an allergy, and just to be safe.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:16 PM on May. 8, 2009

• My son got baby acne and we used Baby Phisoderm on his face, arms and back.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:26 PM on May. 8, 2009