How do I get dd's hair to grow faster?

My dd has REALLY slow growing hair. She's 3 1/2 and her hair is only to her shoulders. I have gotten it trimmed every 6 months (if it needs it)...I use shampoo and conditioner on her hair 2-3 times a week. It's just growing so slowly, she cut her hair on the left side of her head down to about an inch and a half long back in January and before I can get it evened up It needs to grow a little but it's growing so slowly!!! Is there anything I can do to help speed up the process?

mommabear2008

Asked by mommabear2008 at 9:48 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Not really. The only thing that might help is to make sure she is eating a balanced diet. Hair is mostly proteins so make sure she is eating enough meat or other protein sources. Shampoo and conditioner won't affect hair growth (despite what the ads try to claim) though some conditioner can help keep her hair from breaking as easily when you comb it or put clips or pony tail holders in it. The old myth of brushing hair umpteen strokes a day to help it grow is just that - a myth and is actually more likely to damage hair.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:06 AM on May. 9, 2009

• just like adults they will grow it at their own pace
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:25 AM on May. 9, 2009

• The only thing that might work is to give a scalp massage. it worked for my stepdad who was balding to grow a little hair back. Just rub her scalp with your fingers
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:29 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Diet and scalp massage does help. I tried mane and tail on my 8 yr old and it seemed her hair got really thick, but it could be that it was going to happen anyway. The more you comb it the faster it will grow too. When I shampoo, I spend a few minutes just messaging their heads to increase the circulation and I give them funky sudsy hair do's to keep them happy while I'm doing it :)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 4:08 PM on May. 9, 2009