HELP: How can I get my VERY SICK 3 year old to take her medicine???

My daughterr is 3years old and she has a very bad cold. She is absolutly miserable!!! She refuses to take medicine! She can taste it in ANYTHING I put it in. I've tried gatoraide, lemonade, orange juice, koolaide, pudding; just to name a FEW! I don't know what else to do. I've tried all the home remides she just refuses everything. She's a very sick, strong willed little girl and nothing I am doing is helping her! Please if you have ANY suggestions PLEASE, PLEASE,PLEASE!!!
Thank you in advance,
Desperate to help my baby

madsmom314

Asked by madsmom314 at 9:49 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Try putting some vicks vapor rub on her. On the bottom of her feet with socks on or on her chest. It'll help her with coughing and congestion without a nasty taste!
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 9:52 PM on May. 8, 2009

• freeze it in homemade popsicles
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 9:51 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Humidifier helps, too. Distilled water only.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 9:55 PM on May. 8, 2009

• those plug in vicks things work great too... or have her hang out in the bathroom when you take a hot shower. the steam will help clear her nose a little
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 9:57 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Elevate her when she sleeps. These tips may help you with the medicine:

http://www.babycenter.com/0_parents-say-making-the-medicine-go-down_66509.bc

Anonymous

• Get a syringe and squirt the meds into the back of her cheek, she will be forced to swallow, it is a natural reaction.I have had to do that and hold my sons mouth closed. Try other things than cough meds. A hot steamy bathroom, a vaporizer, Vicks on the bottom of her feet, put socks on. Have her head elevated when she is sleeping.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:26 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Johnson's Vapor Bath always helped my girls. Just don't let her sit in it for too long since it can cause a UTI in anyone who is really sensitive.
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 11:18 AM on May. 11, 2009