when should i stop doing the "dirty"?

my husband has to be gone for 2 weeks and when he gets back ill have 3 weeks left till i am due, so we really dont want to go 9 weeks plus without doing the "dirty". but we also dont want to go into early labor! any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Dh and I did the dirty right up until the day before dd was born. I don't know if it can cause early labor but I do know that it does help speed things up if you're almost due. I wouldn't worry about it if our doctor says it's not a bad thing.
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 10:02 PM on May. 8, 2009

• you can do it up until the day you deliver as long as everything is normal with your pregnancy!! its the semen that helps to soften the cervix, so try pulling out. of course female orgasms also cause contractions, but not necessarily enough to put you into early labor. but, shhort answer, its safe for as long as you want to do it!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 10:02 PM on May. 8, 2009

• hell me and my so did it even after the baby we didnt wait the 6 weeks like the doc said!
    single_mommie24

Answer by single_mommie24 at 10:04 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Unless your dr. says you have sex up up to birth! If your not ready to go into labor, sex wont do anything.. but if you ARE ready. the semen & orgasm will help... semen is very helpful in bringing on labor (but only if your body is ready!) and it acts as a lubricant as well... its also said to speed delivery!
    Do a lil research! I wish I would have known all of it before hand cause i would have been having sex before going to get enduced!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:13 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Oh please don't call it that. You're married. There is nothing DIRTY about it.

As the PPs have all said, unless your doctor/midwife has told you otherwise, there's no reason not to engage in sex right up until you're in labor (and even then, sometimes it speeds things along)!
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 10:23 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Until your water breaks.
    With my third pregnancy, I was in labor for 12 hours, my contractions were 5 min apart for the whole 12 hours. I made dh have sex with me and my contractions speed up and got a lot more intense. I had the baby eight hours later.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:34 PM on May. 8, 2009

• As long as your doc says your fine and as long as you can handle it go for it! If you have any pain dont do it!
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 10:51 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I highly doubt that you will go into early labor from having sex. That is very rare. My husband and I had sex untill I was 41 weeks and stil had to be induced.
    LeahMalone54

Answer by LeahMalone54 at 11:01 PM on May. 8, 2009