Is God unfair or are you just being unreasonable? *No meant to offend*

If you have ever felt that God is unfair about only letting believers into Heaven let me ask you this. What makes you think that he only wants believers? He wants everyone to go to heaven. He knows that you are being lied to by the devil.You are being used and distracted from the truth. Life on earth is so short and when people choose to spend their whole lives listening to the devil it hurts God. He does not MAKE you choose him. Your choices through free will is what decides where you will go. You always demand freedom of choice. You already have it and you just do not see it. Instead of focusing only on the here an now. What is stopping you from seeing the BIG picture? In almost every belief there is something that suggests that this is not the only life for us to experience. That in itself is proof that we should be very careful in our decisions. Are you 100% sure in yours? God Bless

mo2a27

Asked by mo2a27 at 10:17 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 1 (-6 Credits)
  • Well ladies, me and my heathen, bound for hell family are going to enjoy a nice, tree-hugging afternoon in the park.  LOL

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 11:02 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I believe as long as you are a good person and do your best to live a good life you will get into heaven.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:20 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Yes, I'm sure & comfortable in my beliefs.

Your intention may not be to offend... but I find it highly offensive to refer to anyone who doesn't believe in the same God that you do as being lied to by the devil. By that, you are incinuating that the Gods & Goddesses of Pagans, Hindus, etc (sorry girls, I don't know the names of your Gods) and the various masters/teachers of other beliefs who are not Gods (Buddha, for example) are the devil & therefore the pure essence of evil.

Put the shoe on the other foot for a moment, and hopefully you can understand where I'm coming from on this.

And yes, if God exists as you see Him.. he does only want believers... otherwise he wouldn't demand they believe prior to accepting them.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:27 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Could you tell me what you mean by your statement? How do you mean by be a good person?What would make you a good person? Living a good life?By how do you mean live a good life? Both are good things within themselves do not get me wrong. How are they to mean anything if you have no love or faith in God? To whom are you being good and living a good life for? Not saying anything bad about your answer just wanted to make conversation. God bless.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 10:28 PM on May. 8, 2009

• How do you know you are not the one being lied to?
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 10:31 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I see where you are coming from,but let me ask you this.
    If you shun God your whole life despite every chance to get to know and learn about him, and have a relationship with him. Then you turn to whatever else was handy or that fits "what you think he should be like." How would that make you feel? Just asking you to do the same. What would you do in God's shoes?
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 10:33 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I see the proof in every day life. I have lived the proof my whole life.
    God bless.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 10:34 PM on May. 8, 2009

• The good that is in the world proves that God exists.
    The evil and horror in the world proves that the devil exists.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 10:35 PM on May. 8, 2009

• The devil has made several false religions in the past and I'm more than sure he has not changed his ways. He has added to them since then,but he never had gotten rid of his old techniques. This can be learned and seen by anyone if they choose to learn or see it.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 10:38 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I am 100% sure in my beliefs, every bit as sure as you are of yours. But I really don't think God is unfair, I don't believe in God or an afterlife at all. I view religion as a means for people to explain the unexplainable and make peace with their mortality, as well as hope for justice where there often is none. I am comfortable with what I cannot explain, I am at peace with the end of my existence when it comes, and I do get frustrated at injustice, but can only to help fix what parts of my world I am able to.

mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 10:42 PM on May. 8, 2009