Is mother's day about YOU or about the other mothers in your life? (like mother-in-laws?)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Holidays

• It should be about ALL mom's. Without our own mothers and our mother in laws we wouldn't have our wonderful children!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I think once your a mom the other mothers in your life need to take a backseat and if they don't understand that, oh well, they'll get over it. You should still call them and/or do a small gift. (just my opinion)
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 10:27 PM on May. 8, 2009

• My mom used to give me a card and a small gift every mother's day.... I miss her.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:34 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Other mothers. We all go to my parents for lunch, make my mom lunch (me and my sils), then in the evening dh and I go to his parents house and have dinner and see his mom. It is just another crazy running around day! I would like to take a nap.
    Anonymous

• I still do things for my mom and sm because they are both wonderful people. We do buy a little gift for dh's mom but nothing too big or expensive because she's a terrible mother/person. We don't go over to MIL's house and my family lives to far away so we just spend the day by ourselves which is nice. Dh and dd3 don't do anything big for me, dh is not romantic and apparently it never occurs to him to take dd shopping and let her pick something out. lol Dd is still too young to comprehend what's going on and tell dh to take her shopping so maybe in a few more years.....
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 10:42 PM on May. 8, 2009

• um. Me and my MIL share the day i guess. My mom died last month. this is going to be a hard mothers day. And my grammy died last september. ...yea. it's going to be a bitter sweet day for sure.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:49 PM on May. 8, 2009

• its about other.. my dd is only 2.5 so she doesnt understand it at all.. and im not one that thinks DH should make up for it by buying me a bracelet or something...

Its hard because my moms not really into mothers day, she is also very hard to buy for, yet we always like to make the day special some how for her ...

I think next yr im gonna see if we can start taking out My mom, My MIL & Grandmother-inlaw out for lunch or something. that would take some saving on our part since we dont have alot of money, but it would take care of everyone- including me! lol.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:49 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Both. I will be bringing flowers to my mother's grave on Sunday, as I have for the past two years.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:26 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Mothers Day is a big deal in our family. We have a big brunch for about 20; all of the non-mothers do the work.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:29 PM on May. 9, 2009

• cryingwell it's certainly not about me. My kids are grown and with kids of their own and my mom is dead. I'll be alone all day and doubt if anyone even calls.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:09 PM on May. 9, 2009