• In the Spotlight:

what in the world is twitter??

ok im only 22 and this twitter whatever came out of nowhere! normally i am really good at keeping up with the times but this is crazy! one day it wasnt here and the next it was like bam! can someone please explain this to me! i feel so lost lol

rkm0731

Asked by rkm0731 at 10:28 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i joined for the hell of it. so far it only seems to be a place where you can find people you know or are looking for, add them ("follow" them) and you tell them what you're up to, much like your status on facebook/myspace. example "username" is looking forward to the weekend"....thats ALL it is! no groups to join or anything. seems kinda pointless really.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:31 PM on May. 8, 2009

• it is a site where you get to send little messages (up to 140 characters) and tell your friends (followers) what you are doing every second of the day. It doesn't have to be what you are doing [e.i brushing my teething, bored at work, hungry and want food] it can be just statements too like "its beautiful outside but too lazy to go out" or "Why are men so clueless about mothers day?" if you have enough followers you can ask questions like "what is the best mothers day gift you can get?"
    I think its fun but I guess it just depends if you have enough friends. Its basically a text message that is posted to the internet. You can send tweets from your phone via text.
    Mommy2Mariah

Answer by Mommy2Mariah at 11:53 PM on May. 8, 2009